Wolfeboro Historical Society |
Clay pipes were made by the John Taber, Jr. at various locations in Wolfeboro, South Wolfeboro, and East Alton. from about 1853 until his death in 1912. He developed innovative machinery and kilns that could make thousands of pipes in a day, and sold them by the barrel to New York wholesalers and even shipped them to Europe. An extensive history is covered in Bowers' History of Wolfeboro, Vol. III.