Recent Comments

50 Most Recent Caption or Comment Additions or Changes:
GOTO Jun 12 2020 Camp Wyanoke was established as a boys summer camp in 1909. This large well-known camp was on Wolfeboro Neck near Carry
GOTO Jun 12 2020 Camp Wyanoke counselor in military uniform and a camper are in the Fourth of July parade, early 1930's in front of Carp
GOTO Jun 12 2020 Camp Wyanoke boys are marching in the Fourth of July parade, early 1930's in front of Carpenter School.
GOTO Jun 12 2020 Camp Wyanoke boys in the Fourth of July parade, early 1930's. Carpenter School is in the left background, Pickering Hou
GOTO Jun 11 2020 This is the flume, frozen in the winter, that provided the water power to the Woolen Mills in South Wolfeboro. The man
GOTO May 17 2020 This is the Oliver Dowlin house on the corner of South Main St. and Green St. Today, it is the home of the Christian Sc
GOTO May 14 2020 Welcome to the photo collection of the Wolfeboro Historical Society. Most photos are from late 1800's to early 1900's,
GOTO May 09 2020 This is the flume, frozen in the winter, that provided the water power to the Woolen Mills in South Wolfeboro. The man
GOTO May 09 2020 Unkown boathouse. Possible Sewall Shore.
GOTO May 09 2020 Waterfront panorama. No identification.
GOTO May 09 2020 Hard to believe, but the large Carroll D. Piper house, built c. 1873, is being relocated in one piece in 1956. After be
GOTO May 09 2020 The men in the foreground are working on a log raft on the way to the sawmill. The passage under the bridge is nearby,
GOTO May 09 2020 This photo was taken at the South Wolfeboro home of Charles R. Grant in South Wolfeboro. Charles owned a livery stable
GOTO May 09 2020 This is the Healy Camp on the Townsend Shore of Lake Wentworth in Pleasant Valley. The camp was built by Sherman Brummi
GOTO May 09 2020 This is the Whitton Neck bridge between Lake Wentworth and Crescent Lake, c. 1890.
GOTO May 09 2020 This photo, taken about 2000, is the decaying remains of a large poultry business on Pleasant Valley Rd. It was then be
GOTO May 09 2020 The Meader family house on Forest Road not far from North Main St. was built by George Meader in 1903, later became the
GOTO May 09 2020 The Meader family house on Forest Road not far from North Main St. was built by George Meader in 1903, later became the
GOTO May 09 2020 The Meader family house on Forest Road not far from North Main St. was built by George Meader in 1903, later became the
GOTO May 09 2020 This photo is taken from the bridge area looking at South Main St., C. 1897. On the left is tha building best known as
GOTO May 09 2020 This scene is in the center of downtown, c. 1890. The building on the left is now Black's Paper Store. On the right is
GOTO May 08 2020 This building on Center St. at Grove St., Wolfeboro Falls, was built in 1894 as a dairy cooperative called the Wolfebor
GOTO May 08 2020 This 2016 photo is the Folsom Farm barn on North Main St. The Folsom Farm was Number 5 of the original settlers "Seven
GOTO May 08 2020 Heavy snow and a roof avalanche blocks the windows, c. 1965.
GOTO May 08 2020 This is a view across Sewall Rd. and Wolfeboro Bay, C. 1900. Longstack Mt. is in the right center background. Copple Cr
GOTO May 08 2020 The Glendon House was built in 1872. This is the front and back of an advertising handout for the opening day on July 1
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the interior of the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. Photo is 2019. The bar
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the interior of the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. Photo is 2019. The bar
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the interior of the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. Photo is 2019. The bar
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the interior of the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. Photo is 2019. The bar
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the interior of the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. Photo is 2019. The bar
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. This is the front in 2020.
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. This is the right side in 2019.
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. This is the front in 2019.
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the original Clark House barn, moved to Goodrich Rd. shortly after 1917. This is the left side in 2019.
GOTO May 08 2020 This is the only view of the Clark House with the original barn attached. Shortly after the house was donated to the To
GOTO Apr 25 2020 View from Town Hall looking west, c. 1900. The two houses on the right are now the site of the supermarket & drugstore.
GOTO Apr 25 2020 View from Town Hall looking west, c. 1900. The two houses in the foreground are now the site of the supermarket & drugs
GOTO Apr 25 2020 View from Hobbs-Is-Inn looking northwest. Left center is the Wool Corner building. Across Main St. is the Goodwin Block
GOTO Apr 25 2020 View from Hobbs-Is-Inn looking northwest. Left center is the Wool Corner building, across Main St. is the Carroll Piper
GOTO Apr 25 2020 This is Carroll Piper's boat house, which was located behind his elegant homestead, which was originally on North Main
GOTO Apr 25 2020 Busy days at the town docks, May 29, 1916. The Peavey Block (now Avery Block) looks much like it is today. The cupola o
GOTO Apr 25 2020 The center of downtown shows, L-R, the Piper House (moved toward the water in 1956 - Yum Yum Bakery is now there), the
GOTO Apr 25 2020 A panoramic view of downtown Wolfeboro, taken from the ice, c. 1910. L-R, the cupola marks the Durgin Block, below & sl
GOTO Apr 25 2020 View from South Main St. towards North Main St., c. late 1890's. On the left is the Peavey Block, now Avery Block, and
GOTO Apr 25 2020 Alvan and Mable Hatch at their home, "Goose Acres" on North Main St. C. early 1940's. Alvan, earlier in the jewelry tra
GOTO Apr 25 2020 This is the Gorham B. Humphrey homestead on the northwest side of North Main St., c. 1900. The view is looking at Winte
GOTO Apr 25 2020 This is Mrs. Mabel Davis (of the Meader family) in her living room on Pleasant St., early 1900's. The room is wired for
GOTO Apr 25 2020 This is a collection of file photos accumulated from numerous sources. Many are early, a few are newer. Houses and farm
GOTO Apr 25 2020 This section includes houses and farms in the general area of North Main St. WHS welcomes comments or corrections.