Wolfeboro Historical Society |
This is the Blanket Mill in South Wolfeboro, c.1900, on Rte. 28 just south of the Junction with Middleton Road. The Mill operated from 1861 until it burned down in 1925, under several different names. The flume on the right, frozen in winter, provided water power from Mink Brook, the outlet of Rust Pond. This photo was used to make the postcard a few photos earlier, then colorized and sent to local merchants in the popular postcard craze of the early 1900's.