Wolfeboro Historical Society |
The village of South Wolfeboro, c. 1880's from a hill on the north shows the tower of the South Wolfeboro Blanket and Flannel Mfg. Co. in the center. This was a large factory, operating from 1861 until it burned in 1925. The road on the left leads to the Alton Town line. On the right is mill owner Isaac Springfield's house (still standing today), and the road to the South Wolfeboro corner.