Wolfeboro Historical Society |
South Wolfeboro, c. 1880's was a complex of of buildings. This view is the junction of Rte. 28 with Middleton Rd. in the foreground. The two-story building on the left was Rust's Store, now (2020) being renovated as the Visiting Nurses headquarters. The building on the right of the store, now gone, was a mill straddling Mink Brook, the outlet of Rust Pond. The mill was powered by the brook, which ran under the road. The road on the right is Rte. 28 (South Main St.).